Your Guide: What Should You Expect from Laser Hair Removal Treatments

Hi beauties! I’m not sure whether I’ve mentioned this before (because telling the Internet about my body hair is not something I do often), but I have hair. Hair that grows back in the blink of an eye. Hair so prominent that I started shaving my arms because my bf’s was less obvious that mine. I also rock a ladystache if I’m not careful. I think this is because I have suspected PCOS (lady troubles, to cut a long story short).

All this means that I’m really interested in different forms of hair removal. I’m a wimp about wax, hair removal cream works a bit but I mostly shave. So, things like laser hair removal are always on my mind. At the moment, the only thing putting me off is my unemployment (okay and maybe the ‘wimp’ thing). Lol. That hasn’t stopped me looking into things. And if you’re the same way, today’s Your Guide guest post on what to expect from laser hair removal treatments might be useful. Take a look!

What Should You Expect from Laser Hair Removal Treatments

Do you think that laser hair removal is a good way for you to get rid of unwanted hair? Have you more or less decided to undergo the procedure? Well, if so, it’s important to know what you can expect throughout the entire process. So, here’s a quick explanation of how the entire process works.

Making Sure You’re a Good Candidate

Not everyone is a good candidate for laser hair removal. That is something that you should discuss with your doctor or specialist. However, in general, it works best on people with darker hair. So, you should definitely keep that in mind.

Selecting a Clinic

If you and your doctor or specialist have determined that you would be a good candidate, the next step is selecting a clinic or medical office such as Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Fort Lauderdale Area to perform the procedure for you. You might be tempted to go with the clinic that is geographically closest to you, but here are some things to ask yourself:

• Are they using the right type of laser for my skin type and the procedure I want?
  • Are their prices reasonable?
  • How long have they been in business?
  • Do they seem knowledgeable?
  • Do they seem to have happy customers?
  • Are their staff members properly certified?

Make sure that you get the answers to these and other questions before you schedule a procedure with any clinic. You should be completely comfortable with your choice, or you should continue searching for a better clinic to perform the procedure.

Adjusting Your Pre-Laser Hair Removal Routine

Before you have a hair laser procedure you should also adjust your routine a bit. For example, it’s best to avoid going out in the sun too much for several days before the procedure. Too much sun exposure can cause problems. Also, it’s best not to wax the area within a few days of having the procedure performed. Otherwise the laser may have trouble finding roots (follicles) to target.

Undergoing the Procedure Itself

As far as the procedure itself goes, you should expect to be at the clinic for a maximum of about two hours, especially if it’s your first visit. That includes time to fill out necessary paperwork. Once the paperwork is filled out, the procedure itself is likely to take around an hour, depending on how much of your skin is being treated.

During treatment your skin is likely to feel hot. You might also experience a slightly uncomfortable “zapping” sensation. It may feel like a mild static electricity shock, or like someone is snapping several elastic bands against the skin in the treated area.

Recovery, Side Effects, and After Care

You really shouldn’t have to worry too much about recovery, side effects, and after care. Although, blisters do happen on occasion. Also, your skin will be sensitive to sunlight for several days after the procedure. So, you should try to stay indoors or wear strong sunscreen as much as possible. Even so, it’s a small price to pay for skin that will stay smooth for a long time.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , .