Ever thought about how lucky are those who get on the top of Google search results? Have you ever thought about how to make your way to the top? Then, you might want to know about Search Engine Optimization to unveil the hidden know-how on getting the most coveted search engine top ranking.
At the end of this article, you will get an idea about SEO and how it works. You will also gain tips on how to choose the right local SEO service provider to help you achieve your goals for your website.
What Is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and is a set of guidelines to be followed by blog or website owners to boost search engine rankings. It is basically a way to improve your website to make it move closer to the top in search results of search engines like Yahoo, Google, Bing, and others. When searching in search engines the order of results displayed is based on multiple algorithms. SEO requires technical knowledge and creative elements to improve page rankings, drive more traffic and increase brand awareness. It is important that your website is put together in a way search engines can recognize.
Additionally, SEO helps improve the quality of websites; making them faster, user-friendly, and simpler to navigate. SEO is not a constant process but a framework composed of rules and processes and it is broken down into 2 main stages:
On-site SEO – refers to all the things you do to your website to improve search engine optimization and so its Google ranking. There are numerous considerations before a web page or website is considered deserving of a higher ranking in Google or other search engines which is quite complex, especially for those who do not have any experience or knowledge about SEO.
Search engines see a website differently from how humans see it. It cannot evaluate how well designed your website is nor can it see how good the quality of your contents is and so on; it evaluates it from a technical aspect. On-site SEO serves as the blueprint where Off-site SEO is built upon, without it, efforts for off-site SEO are worthless. An article “On-site SEO” by SEOmark.co.uk cited important factors that help boost on-site SEO:
- Add keywords to title tags, Meta descriptions, URLs, alt tags, and header tags.
- Use a unique title and title description.
- Improve content to match competitors.
- Remove unnecessary pages.
- Check website speed on various web browsers.
- Ensure your CTAs are positioned prominently.
- Ensure formatting and readability of written contents.
- Check and fix broken page links.
- Include structured data mark-up code.
- Claim content authorization.
- Consider creating a user-friendly error page.
- Include social media buttons.
- Create an XML sitemap.
- Consider setting up search console and Google analytics.
Some of these factors might be difficult to deal with for inexperienced users and will take some time to be mastered unless otherwise, you hire a local SEO service to do the entire job for you. On the other hand, now that you know what on-site SEO is and how it works, it’s time to gain knowledge about off-site.
Off-site SEO – All the activities that happen outside that are associated back to your website influence off-site SEO. People often refer to off-site SEO like link building but it is on the actual fact more than that. Off-site SEO is more on website promotion which includes various methods and techniques including link building.
Generally, search engines attempt to find the most relevant pages around the internet according to the search query entered by a user. One of the many factors that determine the ranking of a certain page in the search results is the number of incoming links.
There are many ways to boost incoming links for off-site SEO; however one of the best strategies to do it is to simply have quality content. Good quality contents allow you to generate natural links, and thus, gives you the benefit of a better search engine ranking.
Why Is It Important?
In today’s marketing industry, competition plays a big role in how businesses go about their day-to-day operation. Having SEO on your website is a great advantage for every business, whether big or small. However, having a good search engine ranking is never as simple as ABC; the need to wade through the ever-changing algorithms is a prerequisite. On the brighter side, SEO if done properly could develop various benefits for a website.
There are numerous reasons to invest in SEO for your website. Below are the examples of the many advantages one could enjoy from having a good search engine optimization on their website:
- SEO is an Investment – If done right, SEO can help users: introduce new services or products with greater success, find hidden niches of greater profitability, Promote campaigns effectively; and get hold of new opportunities.
- Build Trust – People trust results accumulated by search engines; and thus, if you are included in the top positions when the user enters a search query, that automatically increases trust from people in your website or business.
- Social Media Promotion – the fact that social media is a vast community, it is therefore another playground of opportunity to better promote your business. When users find a website through search engines like Google or Yahoo, they can easily share it through social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many more.
- Gives an Edge for Competition – if a business is surrounded by competitors, a business with better website SEO is more likely to attract more customers and drive more sales.
- Brand Awareness and Recognition – regardless of the type of business one has, SEO is a marketing strategy that needs to be used. Think about how many people use the internet, particularly search engines and Social media every day; billions. Therefore, it is a great opportunity to let people know that your business does exist.
Those are a few examples of all the enormous advantages SEO can give to a business or a website. In order to achieve all of those, you must be willing to get the knack of the ever-complex SEO course or if you have a bit more bucks to spare, you could easily leave everything to the experts and hire a local SEO firm to do the job for you. And speaking of local SEO services, below are a few tips on how to choose the right one that fits your SEO needs.
How Do I Choose the Right SEO Service?
There is an overwhelming number of SEO outsourcing services on the interweb with different features, offers, and systems but offers a promise to do the same job: a better search engine optimization for your website. Due to the numerous options of services to choose from, you might find it tough to separate the wheat from the chaff.
- Make a list of the things you need – technical tasks such as link removal, SEO audit, link building, content marketing and many more are some of the services a local SEO company has to get done. If figuring out what you need is still a puzzling job for you, it would be helpful to just set a goal instead. Reassure yourself that the service you choose can commit to helping you achieve these goals.
- Have undercover consultations – now that you have set your goals, choose among your top local SEO service picks and have a meeting with them via phone, Skype, email, or in person to seek help regarding your website’s SEO. SEO firms mostly offer free consultation and in that way, you will be able to know more about what the firm can offer.
- Look for reliable references and case studies – one great way to thoroughly feel certain about a firm is to see finished works. Ask for references like case studies to assure yourself that they can do the job.
- Let the company tell you stories – Stories allow you to get an in-depth grasp of the firm. Case studies and references are a good base but they should not be the only reason for you to say yes. Like an employer conducting an interview with an applicant, you would want to know more than what is written.
Remember: choosing an SEO firm is crucial to your website’s betterment. You need to carefully choose in order for it to be successful. In addition to the tips written above, reading reviews of local SEO Services can also give great help.
And that’s it! Now that you know what SEO is all about and why is it important you are finally ready to roll and start taking over the search engine’s top ranks. If you put enough dedication into exploring all avenues of the SEO course you will enjoy something beyond your wildest dreams.