Those who dream of getting rid of two or three extra kilos often meet the same problem which is called the lack of time. Being very busy at work and even at home with all those household duties, we often can’t devote enough time to visiting the gym and exercising properly.
Besides, not everyone enjoys sweating in a room packed with a couple of dozens of strange people.
No matter what the reason is, daily walking can become a good substitute to help you lose weight.
How to Plan Your Walking Workout
If your goal is to lose some weight, simply walking is not enough. A precise plan and schedule are needed to make the training efficient.
To achieve visible results, we recommend you stick to the following scheme:
- Monday – day off
- Tuesday – short 30 min walking at a brisk pace
- Wednesday – the same as on Tuesday
- Thursday – Long 60 min walking at a brisk pace
- Friday – Short 30 min brisk walk + a strength training
- Saturday – Long walk with 30 min of brisk pace, and 30 to 90 min at an easy pace
- Sunday – long 60 min brisk walk
Like that, your body will stay active and toned but without any excessive training. Following this plan, you will manage to burn around two thousand calories per week.
To get ready for the training, remember to always warm up a bit, otherwise, the muscles will not be ready for the quite intensive activity which can result in pain.
- So before each workout, start with a light warm-up by walking for three to five minutes at an easy pace.
- Then speed up to a brisk pace and keep on walking like this for half an hour until you reach the target place.
- Then slow down again and walk three to five minutes slowly.
This exercise will help your lungs to get well ventilated and ready for more intensive work, besides, you will get tired less fast.
If it so happened that you have no time for a proper long walk, try to find fifteen minutes a day to complete a short workout. Just warm up by walking slowly for 1-2 min, then increase the speed for the next 10 min, and finish with the slow walk again.
The total exercise will take about 15-20 min, and it would be great if you could do it three or four times a day.
No matter what kind of exercise you do, remember to always start and finish it with the slow walking. It will help you to normalize the breathing and bring the muscles back to the normal and relaxed state.
What to do on the days off, you may wonder?
First of all, don’t make too long gaps between the training. One or two days will be more than enough. Also, make sure you don’t sit all the time – relaxed strolls will help you stay active and keep the body agile.
We hope these hints will help you to achieve the desired result faster than you expected!