Dota 2 is a highly competitive game where players get to destroy each other’s ancient towers by fighting with different skill sets. For this reason, the name of the game abbreviates Defense of the Ancient. Players in Dota 2 typically get ranked with regards to their skills and it is dubbed as matchmaking ranking. The higher your MMR rating, the better the player you are perceived to be as compared to your opponents. This guide is dedicated to giving you tips and tricks to help you get to build your MMR score constantly as you would not want to get stuck at a specific MMR rating where opponents easily defeat your hero.
- Communication – In Dota 2, most teams fail because their players never communicate effectively. However, it is ideal to determine your goals as a team. This way, you will be able to agree on how your MMR ratings should be and whether each is ready to invest towards it. At other times, you will be facing teams that have players who are ever playing online while your team constitutes of numerous working players. In this case, you would want to consider dota 2 mmr boosting for the team. Come up with a collective goal that is guided by the level of play. When you conquer a specific level, you can then set the next goal. Besides, good communication ensures the composition is made up of complementary heroes.
- Pick and Stick to Core Heroes – Dota 2 is an exciting game that will offer you approximately 100 heroes to choose from. Some of these will be easy to master while some will not. You are advised to come up with a small pool of heroes that you can comfortably work with especially when you are being ranked. Stick to that set of heroes until you are sure to play better than any other player. Things that you should avoid include trying a new hero in a ranked match before training.
- Train Heroes for Ranked Matches – Another critical trick to boosting your MMR is to constantly train your pool of heroes. You can train them offline as it greatly helps you in understanding the basics of specific heroes. After learning the basics, you can then test your heroes in unranked matches. Trying out unranked matches ensures that you test your mental capacity to other players without losing your MMR scores. After practicing extensively, you can then embark on the ranked games and help your team win.
- Stable Internet Connection – Another thing to ensure that you do not lag in Dota 2 MMR rating is to have a reliable internet connection. With slow connections, the game can lag in the middle of the fight and an opponent will definitely take advantage of this. They get the better part of you and a few losses can drag your MMR rating behind. Before you start playing, ensure that you have the necessary resources concerning the internet connection.
- Stuff Outside the Game – There are some unique steps that you can take outside the game and these will actively contribute to Dota 2 MMR boosting. For instance, you can purpose to watch the replays of your losses. This way, you get to understand your weak points and work on improving. You can also watch replays of top players or even stream top games in different video hosting platforms. Finally, you can invest in a Dota 2 MMR boost online. Doing these things as an individual or even as a team gives you a competitive advantage over opponents irrespective of their language or geographical barriers.
The above tips and tricks will help you in raising your MMR rapidly and rank up the different levels. Read through them and you will end up having unique gaming experiences.