Party games can make parties really interesting. There are quite a few that can act as ice breakers and help people bond instantly. Here are a few crowd-pleasing games you can try for your next birthday party:
One of the best games for people who enjoy beer, this can be played with non-alcoholic beverages like tea or juice too. If you have good aim and dexterity you will find this game very interesting.
You will need:
- A table (2 to 3 meters in length)
- Plastic cups (about 12 to 20)
- Ping pong balls (one or more)
- Liquor or any beverage
How to Play?
- Make a triangle of 3 plastic cups at each end of the table.
- Fill about 3cm of alcohol or any beverage of your choice in each of these cups.
- Have two players stand at each end of the table, behind the triangle of cups
- Upon his turn, the player has to throw the ping pong ball into one of the cups of the opponent.
- He will have to maintain eye contact with the opponent throughout
- If any of the players manages to throw the ball into the opponent’s cup, the opponent has to drink the contents from that cup and then remove it from the table. It will then be replaced with another cup filled with the beverage
- The player who manages to remove all the cups of his opponent wins the game
Make sure your elbow is behind the edge of the table while throwing. You can establish your own house rules and make sure all players abide by the same.
Hot and Cold Game
Another icebreaker game that you can try is the Hot and Cold game that can be played by any group of 6 people or above. It is ideal for people above 12 years of age. No props are necessary to play this game.
- Have all the players sit in a circle and select 1 or 2 players as the “chosen ones”
- Make sure the chosen players are sent out of the room
- Now come up with an action that the group members should perform when the “chosen ones” enter the room. The action is associated with a mystery action that the “chosen ones” need to guess and perform.
- The group members have to cheer or encourage the chosen players by doing the action “hot” whenever they get closer to identifying the action. If they get farther, they will have to do the action “cold.” None of the group members can speak or do any action to reveal details about the mystery action.
The next chosen players are chosen based on who was most encouraging during the play or any other criteria that you might seem fit. Set a timer to find out which chosen player completes the action first.
You should try Escape Room if you are interested in board games. Check out Escape Room Atlanta for a great way to spend time with your friends. With challenging puzzles to solve, the game can make your party absolutely memorable.